Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More animals on the ranch...

This is a picture of our summer residents - The Swallow Family. They rent the little bungalow with the garden view and they pay their "rent" by eating all the nasty flying bugs around here.


They started their nest after the house was completed and we were here about 1-1/2 months - early summer of 2005. We had to knock the nest down the summer of 2007 when we repainted the house but they had been gone for a month or so already. They came back last summer and built a new nest and then this summer they doubled the size of their home. I'm guessing they made it bigger because they had a fourth child this year and they have only had three in the past.


I really enjoy watching them raise their babies every year. I really hate all the poop they make and drop all over the patio but it is only temporary. I wanted to post this picture since it is one of my favs and I am thrilled that I got one of the parents feeding the babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment