Friday, July 3, 2009

Yard Sale Finds on 7/3

A holiday weekend is usually not great for yard sales but I went anyway. There was a whole whopping 4 sales but I figured Mom could make it without getting too tired (she had major back surgery on 6/2 and is still using a walker...mostly for safety). I have been cutting back on yard sales but Warren encouraged me to go as he pointed out that one of the sales had women's clothing and that is really why I went.

That is the first sale we hit and I did really well. I bought 3 dresses, 14 blouses, 2 pants and 1 top of Disney's Tinkerbell jammies, a pair of shooting glasses, a basket and a scrabble game (for my crafts). The brand names on the clothing were Cabin Creek, Bobbie Brooks, Eyeshadow, Dressbarn and Quizz New York Woman. I got all of this for $35!!!!! To top it off - I LOVE the clothing and it all looks like new!

At another yard sale I bought 8 like new books (mostly Dean Koontz), a huge basket with a handle (that I can use for delivering bake goods), an umbrella that clamps onto my lawn chair, a drill bit that is a paint mixer, a linen table cloth, a linen table runner and a set of sheets. All of this cost $6.50

I didn't buy anything at the 3rd sale but I found a brand new lantern hanger (NIB) for a whole $2. Not a bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment