Sunday, July 18, 2010

Photography Fun

IMG_5458
I took this picture at the Kuyper’s ranch over Memorial Day weekend.  The old abandon truck just caught my eye and I wanted to do a black & white with it.
I have always loved the old black & white photos.  I can look at Mom & Dad’s photo albums and old postcards from my grandparent’s days for hours just taking in the detail instead of the color.  I remember my mom taking a photography class when I was a kid and I wanted to take pictures so badly.  Back then the cameras were way to complicated for kids but that just made me want to do it more.  I remember her class did a shoot with black & white film and I thought it was so cool!  I always wanted to take pictures of old barns in black & white.
Of course I am much older now and I adore my digital camera.  I must say that I love my computer more because of the photo manipulation I can do.  Talk about spending hours looking at photos – I can get lost in my thousands of photos I store on my computer.
I had an opportunity to play with this picture of the truck today and here is what I came up with…
All I used was the photo manipulation tools on my blog and I came up with a variety of shots.
IMG_5457 - Copy
Black & white with a little photo paper, crop and tilt
IMG_5458
Polaroid anyone?
IMG_5458
Sepia – looks like fire in them there hills…
IMG_5458
This is with color pop
IMG_5458
Emboss
IMG_5458
Reflection
IMG_5458Photo Paper with sharpen
IMG_5458
Warmed up the color and rounded the edges.  Now it looks like one of those old 110 pictures!
IMG_5458
Black & White is still my favorite.  I do think I will dabble in the sepia a bit more now.  Maybe I will someday slow down and stop to take those old barn pictures – sepia would be perfect for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment