Friday, November 12, 2010

Content to wait…

Hello – yes, it is really me.  I am currently a passenger in an F350 bound for Eagle Point so I can pile up some blog material and post it when I get a DSL connection.  We are on our way to see some wonderful friends and the bonus is that we get to go fall turkey hunting!  It is way too cold to stay in the trailer so we are staying at the Edgewater Inn in Shady Cove.  I may get all piled up with my book in that motel and not want to go out into the coldSmile.  Or,  I could just sit and stare at the walls – like Maddie…  Of course that reminds me of a picture I have in my archives.

Anyone who knows our dear sweet Boarder Collie Maddie know that she is pretty special – like a window licker.  I would say she is like a blonde but that would be really rude to blondes!  She loves lights so her favorite toy is a laser beam on the floor.  Because she loves lights she watches them very intently until they moves and then she chases them.  Of course reflections through the windows or the firelight dancing on the walls make her sit for hours just watching in awe.

Here is that picture I was referring to.  She is sitting in Hunter’s bedroom watching the reflection on the wall that is coming through the window.

IMG_6006

As you can see, Peaches got tired of waiting for her to stop staring at the wall and she decided to take a nap. 

Maddie gives a whole new meaning to the saying, “ I’m not easily distra……oh, look there is something shiny!”

She is “special” and she is extremely attached to her boy Hunter - we feel blessed to have her and we do enjoy her little quirks.  I don’t think we would trade her for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment