Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Mountains Still Have Snow…

On July 24th we headed over the mountains to Silverton for a family reunion; Warrens’ mother’s side of the family.  We didn’t have a lot of time with our busy schedule but it was nice to cut a day out and take a day trip and visit for a few hours.  On the way over I asked Warren to pull over so I could take one of those barn pictures that I keep telling myself I want to take. 

We were almost to Sisters so I think we were technically in Cloverdale.  There is a beautiful barn on the left and at the time it had a wheat field and a nice wooden fence in front of it along with the Cascade Mountains behind it.  The only real problem was that the mountains looked a little smucky.  Smucky mountain views are a whole vast subject for me because they really peeve me off since I remember very clearly (no pun intended) when there was no smuck and the people who create the smuck were not here…another day, another blog post entry.

Anyhow, I thought that was the only problem at the time until I downloaded my camera and got a load of the wonderful wooden barn – with freakin’ Christmas lights strung on it – still, in July!

So here are the pics I took and I still love the barn.

IMG_5908

This is a picture of Broken top which is in the far left of the picture above. IMG_5909 And a picture of the Three Sisters (Faith, Hope & Charity) that are in the barn pic above on the far left.

IMG_5910

And finally, the barn….  IMG_5913 And in black & white….

IMG_5913

I will try to make it a point to stop and take some time to do more of the things I enjoy instead of just rushing everywhere.  It just feels better and when I take pictures I get to enjoy them over and over again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment