Sunday, March 11, 2012

Rags by Sock Monkey: t-shirt shag rug tutorial

I have been Pinteresting and I found this awesome rug!  My sister Sheree & I have been struggling with the whole weaving on a hula hoop without really getting anything that looks good.  I think this may be the solution!

I have included the picture from the blog http://ragsbysockmonkey.blogspot.com to show the end result.  Check out the link below to go directly to the page with instructions for the rug. 

The only thing that I will change is the way the “rags” are secured.  Instead of just pulling them through I think I will also add a knot or two.  This should secure the rags so I can wash the rug.

IMG_4245

This should be easy peasy (in theory).  My main colors I have now are red, black, navy and white.  I think I can make this 2 t-shirt panels (from a 2XL shirt) and create a good size rug.

This looks like fun so I wanted to make sure I put it on my blog to share with my family and friends!

Rags by Sock Monkey: t-shirt shag rug tutorial

No comments:

Post a Comment