Saturday, January 14, 2012

To font or not?

I always like playing around with fonts.  This particular font is called “Snickles” and it was free.  Of course I found it through Pinterest.This font is simply titled “Kool”.  I really like this font and it is titled “5th Grade Cursive”.

I have always liked fonts as far back as I can remember and I wish I had this “Banff” font when I used to write term papers in college with the Word Perfect program.

“Bleeding Cowboys" is the name of this font and for some reason it always reminds me of Prineville.

This font is called “Biondi” and I also use this one often.

Then we have the “Segoe Print” and the “Segoe Script” which my long time friend Simone turned me onto.  I love using both of these for personal emails.  I plan on using this script in one of my sales flyers soon since I think it gives a friendly feel to the advertisement.  Some fonts like “Ariel” just seem to be over used in print.  Times New Roman” seems to be used for headlines in the newspaper and Franklin Gothic Demi gets used a lot too.

I am now using “Brady Hand ITC” but I aspire to make my own font out of my handwriting.  There are several websites that you can print out a form and put your own handwritten letters into these little boxes and fax or scan it back.  Once you send it in they produce your own font and send you the file to enter into your windows font file.  No more settling for fonts like “Garamond” when you can have your very own handwriting.  There is a caveat to this though (here comes that “hindsight” thing again)… I have completed this form and had my font file returned but I didn’t like it anymore that this “Verdana” font.  It looked all funky like this “Bigtop” font.  Instead of writing smoothly in one motion like creating items on a “to do” list it was cramped and the letters didn’t all line up on the bottom.  It was kind of yucky like I think this “Freestyle” font is Thumbs down.  You have to put each letter in an individual box and make sure that it all lines up perfectly.  Of course I did not do this since my handwriting doesn’t look right when I have to force it.  I like my handwriting whether it is cursive or print.  It just kind of flows like this “College-Black” but it is not near as fancy.

Maybe I will just stick with downloading fonts that I find appealing like this “Book Antiqua” or the most recent find "Franchise”.  FRANCHISE LOOKS GOOD IN ALL CAPS but I also like it with upper & lower case.

I guess “Snickles”wins out for today.+I must get going so I can get some actual work done.  Just one last tip…if you are getting this in an email and you cannot see all of the font changes you may have to actually go to my blog.  Sometimes the email is funny like that and I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on this messy post Punk.

Tat Tat until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment