Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Klamath Falls Packing Clinic

Warren has wanted to go to the packing clinic in K-falls for years. It seemed a little more important to go this year since we have mules. We stayed at the KOA campground which was very nice and not far from the fairgrounds. It rained almost all weekend so we were happy to see that most everything was indoors at the clinic. We attended some classes on hoof care and trimming, what you should take on your back country trip, the different ways to pack on your mule and one on first aid. All of the classes were very good.

There were a lot of vendors and we were able to get one of those redwood signs with our ranch name on it - it looks really spiffy! We also ordered a branding iron with a capital "E" and a broken arrow going over the top of the E. I cannot wait to get the brand!

We also attended the dinner and auction. It was unreal how cheap everything was going for. It seemed that the mules were going for 1/3 to 1/2 of what they should. Of course we did not win anything in the drawings but we had a really good dinner.

The other big deal for me was getting to go to BigLots! Yes - Warren took me to this store and I thought it was really awesome. I got several items pertaining to my new business at totally awesome prices! It is a good thing that we don't have one of those here or I would be there all the time... There is one in Gresham so maybe I will go to that one the next time we are in the valley.

So, it looks like this clinic is on our agenda for next year. BigLots here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment