Monday, September 5, 2011

The Best Invention in My Kitchen

OMG!  This is one of the most awesome things I have used in a long time.  This is called a “NINJA” and it eats everything!  It has a large and a small pitcher and comes with a blade for each pitcher, a whipping blade and a dough hook.2011 043 2011 042We received this as a housewarming gift from my parents and we cannot thank them too much.  It has altered our lifestyle a lot.  We use it almost everyday and I cannot buy enough fruit to kept it satisfied Smile.  There is no fruit going bad at our house anymore.  We make smoothies like they are going out of style.  The only reason I have to cut the fruit up is to get the pits out.  If they don’t have a seed that needs removed they go in whole.  This bad boy can take it!  I even fed it whole cooked chicken breasts and it just burped a little when I opened the top and said, “give me more!”.IMG_9130IMG_9132
This little concoction is strawberries, bananas, vanilla yogurt, peanut butter, honey and a little ice.  This one tasted a bit like a peanut butter & jelly sandwich – gee, whoda thought?Surprised smile   Of course I usually put twice as much in but the picture looked a lot better with just half of the ingredients.
Lately I have been mixing bananas, black plums, peaches & nectarines with a little plain yogurt and ice.  I add a little Sweet-N-Low because this mix tends to bite back since the yogurt is plain.
Bananas are a great base and we always have a bunch sitting around that are ready to go in.  It is kind of fun to grab fruit and just grind it up into this sweet yummy drink.  I can make 72 ounces of yum in about 5 minutes.  I think I will start experimenting with a little mocha next.
This baby also does dough and it will crumb a pack of Oreo cookies in a split second.  I am looking forward to doing this with Nilla Wafers an graham crackers for desert layers or as pie crusts for pudding pies.  I let a couple Oreos fall in the smoothies a few nights ago and it was pretty good.
Oh the possibilities…
Thank you once again Mom & Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment