Saturday, September 3, 2011

Silver Lake Continued…

The continuation of the trip to Silver Lake is finally getting completed!  I have been just a bit distracted with school registration, school supplies, school clothes, school shoes and football equipment.  Gee, does anyone see a pattern here?  Yes, school is about to start but more about that later.

I think the last time I posted I went over or dinner at the Dinner Tree.  I do not think I mentioned the white butterflies that appeared everywhere when we arrived in Silver Lake.  There were swarms, flocks, groups, or whatever you call them everywhere.  They were all just floating around.  We woke up fairly early on Sunday and I was able to catch them resting in the pine trees.

IMG_9555Kim made us a wonderful sourdough pancake & egg breakfast.  Totally yummy – I need to get the sourdough recipe Smile.   Here she is cooking away and Hunter enjoying his plate full of goodness.IMG_9559IMG_9561

After breakfast Al, Kim & I got down to business and created the artwork for “Al’s Welding Works” to be used on business cards and a vehicle magnet.  Here is the finished product.IMG_9649

IMG_9639

That “retired” father-in-law of mine will be drumming up more business than he wants now Smile  It was a really enjoyable work period for me.

We were able to visit a bit more on the back porch before we left.  We played ball with Shady and enjoyed the weather.

IMG_9567IMG_9578

IMG_9577IMG_9570

And then it was time to head back home.  I took a few parting pictures of the dragon flies and we said our goodbyes…

IMG_9584

IMG_9587

IMG_9589

I especially enjoyed chatting and laughing with KIM.  We had a very wonderful visit and it will be nice to go back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment