Monday, August 30, 2010

The Last of the Spring Kids…

If you are reading this in your email and you cannot read the writing - please go to my blog; the link is at the bottom of the email.
Sweet little Moose had her twins on May 30th and I named them Thomas & Betsy.  They turned out to have some really cute markings also.  I think Thomas' little solid head looks like a cow calf.
IMG_5472 Moose also decided to have her babies while we were gone and she did a great job!
This is Betsy...
IMG_5482IMG_5464
IMG_5486 And this is Thomas...
IMG_5466IMG_5479 IMG_5481These two just live up the road a bit in PLA1.  We sold all of the babies this year except Sweetpea and Nelly's girls that were bottle raised.  I am still amazed that we had 19 kids this spring.
I think we may be in for fall babies before Thanksgiving.  It appears that Tessy bred back after her still birth in May.  I will have to keep a close eye on her since most of the girls will be going onto pasture the first of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment