Monday, August 30, 2010

One Last Parting Shot of Spring Kids

I have a few parting shots that I have to share of my babies this year.  The two most colorful kids this year were Blackie and Cocoa.  Maybe they knew they were different because they always liked to hang out together.  I loved them because they were characters and they really stand out in a photo.

Here they are hanging out by the power meter post while everyone else grazes.

IMG_5595And just being silly…

IMG_5149 IMG_5224

And with their mamas…

IMG_5239

Silver was an excellent mama and a great friendly goat.  I had a nice lady looking for an Alpine and I knew she would love Silver as much as I did.  Since we were cutting back it seemed like a great opportunity to reduce the herd and of course she couldn’t just leave with one goat… Silver and Ruby now live in Alfalfa on pasture.  IMG_5198 Terra is still with us along with her LaMancha sister, Flora.  It will be interesting to see what color their babies are this next year.

Cocoa and Blackie went to a wonderful couple in Redmond.  The couple also purchased Dandy and Crystal.

We still have a few more for sale but they are welcome to stay for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment