Wednesday, June 17, 2009

All is well in the barn

Poor little Flora is still in bad shape but Shaggy is looking good. Shaggy's face is half the size it was last night so she should be back to normal by tomorrow.

I went out to let the goats graze on our lovely selection of weeds and ended up out there for a half hour trying to get them out of the pasture. I opened the gate and most of them followed me....except the ones that were not paying attention! You would think that they would want to go out and eat on the other side of the gate but no....

I turned around to shut the gate to keep the majority of them outside and they all followed me and went right back into the dirt pasture!!! I had to go get grain and when I poured it on the ground by the front of the house they all came running. Well, except those that were not paying attention! Carmel, Pinky and Maggie were daydreaming but they finally came out to the gate and came outside.

Then, I went into the barn to check on my sick girls and there is Goose down on her knees reaching through the panel to get their hay. Talk about not paying attention...I scared the crap right out of her when I grabbed her! Too funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment