Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The banana bread

Wow...did I ever make banana bread. I got everything ready to go with just enough time to bake 9 loaves before we needed to be at Keith & Jenny's house for dinner. I go to get the eggs out of the refrigerator and I only have 4 - I need 18! Keep in mind that we have chickens and 7 of them should be laying darn near daily. Grrr! That reminds me that I have been meaning to make chicken soup!
So, Hunter and I pack ourselves into the Jeep and head down Davis Loop to F&F Grocery. I decide to clock it and I find that it is 3.5 miles from our house. Obviously this is much closer than going 10 miles to Ray's even though it is extremely curvy. We get there and a dozen eggs (white eggs) is only $1.99...interesting. I picked up 2 dozen and proceeded to check them and the owner tells me to go ahead and check but she checks every dozen when they are delivered. Wow! She checks every egg and still only charges $1.99?
Any who...we got back to the house and completed 6 loaves and went to dinner. Warren finished cooking the last three the next morning for me while I was being tired & lazy from going to our friends house the night before. What a nice husband! I'm lucky that way...
Here are the pictures to show you before and after so you know I didn't buy that bread at the store :-) We work hard to ripen our bananas through watching them sit on the counter everyday just so I can make bread and pass it along to our friends and family. We hope that you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment