Friday, October 30, 2009

Eggs delivered

What a busy morning...

We took Hunter to school and headed out to see my goat children on the north end of town and to deliver eggs to their sitter - Virginia.  The fog was pretty thick and wet and it seemed that my babies are getting less excited to see me when I come to visit.  My Black Sugar was acting kind of strange but her babies Salt & Pepper came up for scratches.  Here are a couple of picures that I took while we were there.

My Black Sugar is in the middle and this is a picture that I took when we first arrived - nasty wet fog.

This is one of our little LaManchas and her name is Flora.  She has put on so much winter hair that she looks like a little cotton ball!  She is always glad to see me since she was a bottle baby.
 
Here is a picture of sweet Virginia (the goat sitter who sure loves her job!) with Silver standing right in front of her and Hershey to the right with Terra behind him.

After we said hello to all my furry friends we delivered eggs to Jenn & Jeff (our niece and nephew) then to the fire department and on up to Grandpa Tony's.  We had a good visit with Jenn & Jeff as always.

We seem to be selling between 7-9 dozen eggs a week depending on the week since a few customers are every other week.  A bag of chicken feed cost $11.25 and it sure seems like the chickens are pile driving about 3 a week.  Once you figure in the eggs we eat I think we are breaking about even before we pay for the light to stay on everyday for 12 hours.

   Yeah right...breaking even...only in my dreams!

I know that at least once a day my husband wishes I didn't love animals so much ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment