Monday, October 19, 2009

West Yellowstone General Pictures


OK - so just in case no one knows - Warren drives almost everywhere we go.   And, just let me further qualify that I CAN AND DO DRIVE!  I drive to town and I drive to Bend and Redmond.  I just prefer not to and I find it very mind numbing.  He doesn't mind driving and is rather good at it.  So, this is my general view when we are on road trips and I have a lot of these pics.  This one is different because it is more of a sillouette and it is foggy outside.

This is the motel that we stayed at in West Yellowstone, Montana.  It is the Yellowstone Lodge and it was rather nice.  We were on the 3rd floor and the 6th window in from the right.  We had a nice view to the south overlooking the Hibernation Station and into the forest.

This is a beautiful bronze statue that we looked down upon from our room.  It is at the entrance of the Hibernation Station. 

This picture was taken in town next to my favorite store Smith & Chandler.  We have not been to Yellowstone since 2006 and these bison statues are now all over town.  Each one of the statues is painted differently and they are all very beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment