Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Random Animal Sightings

One of the things I love to do is watch animals.  I would have loved to go to Yellowstone or Canada this year to animal watch but it wasn’t in the cards.  So, I settled for my favorite part of the year here - the spring and summer months when they have their babies.  This is a picture of a doe that had twins with her; unfortunately one of the twins got really spooked and took off while these two stayed to investigate me.

IMG_5784

I loved keeping an eye on the 2 does with their 2 fawns down by B&S logging this year.  I could always spot at least one baby each time I drove down 7th.  It is all fine and good until the little dumbheads start playing in traffic and the car wins.  It is always crappy when I see one that has been hit.  That is a typical occurrence up on the canyon and it has never stopped bothering me to see one that should have zigged instead of zagged.  Thankfully, I have never hit one of the deer who are always parading down the pavement on our canyon.  Plenty of people have and a few have hit elk; I just consider myself lucky.

Hunter spotted these 2 bucks on the neighbors property early one morning this past July 16th.  The pictures are bad because there wasn’t too much light yet at that time of the morning.  They are good enough to tell that these boys will be a good size since they have over a month of growing to do.

IMG_5889 IMG_5890Here are some antelope we spotted out just past Paulina in the pivots.  They seems to get inside of the elk fencing all of the time.  I would love to see the tunnel they have under the fence.

IMG_5785 IMG_6213We have a really nice heard out here on Dry Creek Ranch but I have yet to get them on camera.  They showed back up on the last day of Antelope season – a little later than usual.  Maybe next week I will stalk them with my camera…

Maybe next year – Yellowstone :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment