Monday, September 13, 2010

You don’t have to ask me twice…

One afternoon Hunter & I were greeted by a man driving this truck and he was in our driveway.  Believe it or not, we get a lot of people stopping by about the goats or asking about a lost animal – but, this was different...IMG_5778This gentleman wanted to know if we would like some free chips for our animals & landscaping.  Apparently, this company does the clearing for Central Electric Co-op when they need trees trimmed out of the way or they are laying new line.  They happened to be working up the canyon a bit beyond us and they look for farms and properties that they can give the chips to so they can empty their truck as they clear off the land.  They also ask if they can leave their rig on your property overnight so they can conserve gas.

So, when he asked I said “absolutely!”  I will take the chips for free and help you reduce your gas consumption…  They ended up dumping 3 loads out in the goat pasture and he kept my card for future jobs.

The goats loved the “fresh” eats and this stuff will be nice for the mud holes and area that get really mucky over the winter.

IMG_5775 Maybe, just maybe I can do a little landscaping with it in the spring – if they don’t eat it all!

I sure hope they come back to dump some more chips :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment