Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Second Outing for Wood

The punishment for not having to cut any wood last year is going more times this year!

Our second outing was a little better.  We got up there much earlier in the morning of 7/10 and it just went much smoother.

Here is the photo journal…

This is Warren just cutting away.

IMG_5796At some point the root wad is starting to shift and he keeps taking slabs off…

And then he decides to take a big slab off and get it over with…

IMG_5805IMG_5806 IMG_5807 IMG_5808 It’s time to refuel

IMG_5812And then Hunter gets to learn a little about using a chain saw.

IMG_5786IMG_5792 IMG_5793 Good job Hunter!

IMG_5811 After the boys were done with all the hard work of cutting I wiggled my nose, crossed my arms, blinked my eyes & nodded my head to make everything jump in the back of the trailer so we could go home.  That’s the only reason they bring me - ya know?

Yeah right – the wood didn’t buy that fairytale either!  So, we loaded and back home we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment