Thursday, November 12, 2009

Can't call me the Crazy Goat Lady anymore


Here is the other feeder that Warren put a roof on.  See Flora standing down at the left end just grinning away:-).  She likes the new roof!

There is a saying in the goat world community that you are always "One goat shy of being the Crazy Goat Lady".  They even make shirts and all kinds of promotional items that say this!

We were at an all time high of 32 after Trinket had her twins, Bauble and Doodad.  We are now officially down to 12 including Henry.  We have sold a few here and there and then we traded 11 for 1 steer and 2 heifers this past weekend.

Hunter and I have not discussed names for our new bovines so we will just call this guy Mr. Steer for now.  I am hoping to call him Dinner.

And we will call these two "The Girls" for now.  They were real psycho when we got them but they have settled down a lot in just a few days.  They are coming to my voice and starting to act like dorky little baby animals now.

So, now we are in the cow business and we have cowshit on our clothes - permanently!  The shit doesn't come off!  Anyone who knows me will tell you that I hate stains.  I will wash something and stain stick several times before I will give in and say die!  It totally annoys me that people put stained clothes in yard sales and I would rather throw something away than wear the stained item.

So, the cowshit, it seems to be getting on everything!  I think that it works like a metal to a magnet.  I have spotted this fine green sludge on items that I know I didn't even wear out near the cow pasture. 

If you see us about town with our green tinged outerwear please stop us and say hi but try not to laugh...until we leave anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment