Friday, April 9, 2010

The Mailbox Incident

I don't know how many people drive by our house every day but it has to be a lot.  We have a real bad corner before our driveway if you are headed to town.  People need to SLOW down but every once in a while someone loses control.   Thank goodness the house is at the back of the property!

This time last year someone rolled their jeep through our fence a little before midnight.  Warren was able to scab the fence together enough to keep the animals in until morning.  The next day he and Hunter spent the majority of the day fixing fence in the pouring rain.

This year someone came around the corner too fast on a late afternoon.  They missed our fence but took out the mailbox by shearing it off at the ground and got the neighbor's fence.  As if that was not bad enough, he got out to survey the damage, got back in his truck and took off!  We were looking right at him and were just heading down there when he left.

Kind of ticked me off so I called the sheriff and they happened to be in the right place at the right time.  They caught him at the bottom of the canyon and took him to jail.

Probably goes without saying but we needed to get a new mailbox; we have been dragging that one around for at least 10 years.  I got a real shocker when I saw the replacement price for our old box was $80!  So, we ended up with this jumbo model and I know this gal that does vinyl graphics.....



So, that gal being me...I designed, cut and applied the vinyl for the mailbox.
I wanted the business name out there anyhow and I guess this was a great opportunity to get that done.  It also solved the problem of the mail lady having to drive up to the house all the time to leave stuff that would not fit in the box.
The box is almost big enough to accept a miniature horse (definitely a few baby goats) now and I kinda like it.  I needed a change and I guess I wished loud enough... 

Probably better watch out for what I wish!  Wouldn't want that pile of money I've been thinkin' about just laying around on the porch when is it delivered since the mailbox isn't big enough. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment