Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Things Happen For a Reason…

People always say that wonderful life changing events rise out of the most horrible things that happen to us.  I think that is true in two instances and I never thought I would say this until now…

Warren got downsized June 23rd of last year from a company that will remain unnamed.  This came on the heels of me getting downsized from another unnamed company on January 15, 2009.  Oh joy! 

We were managing with his job and my unemployment until the other shoe dropped.  Boy did that make a deafening sound in our life.  To say the least, we became those people, you know, the one’s that the stuff happens to…

Warren had a very high stress job and it seemed that management changed regularly which created a very bumpy ride along the way.  Never the less, he was a trooper and kept doing his very best even though it became like paddling a canoe in white water rapids without an oar at times.  The layoff came as a HUGE shock after being there 9-1/2 years.

Fortunately, our marriage survived where our credit did not.  I guess you can call me lucky since I would rather have my husband than the best credit in the world.  What a way to use the word “lucky”…

In September, we were able to create Triple E Promotions and get trained in the promotional products industry.  The training is always ongoing since there are new products and companies coming on board daily.  This has been a blessing and I hope it will continue to grow and support us in the future.

The second and largest life changing event happened when Warren got a call from Nosler in October.  The request came for an interview based on a resume we had submitted back in June.  He did not have real high hopes since he had interviewed there in 2000 when he was shopping to get out of Bright Wood.

Thankfully, this interview was different.  Warren was asked to come back for a panel interview before he left the first meeting!  He got hired, he learned, he passed his required test, he was released from his 90 day probation and put on the regular payroll and is currently going on 6 months with the company.  He got a job but that was not the best thing…he is working for an awesome company with a family and people that are so wonderful and he is doing what he does best!  And guess what – they truly appreciate him!  I knew I could not be the only one who could see that he is awesome!

We, as a family, are truly grateful to the Nosler family for seeing Warren for who he is and for hiring him when we really needed some financial support.

I am personally thankful that there are still people who value hard work and honesty.  Somehow that restores some of the damage in my head created by lay offs that affected this home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment